Who Cares?

Nearly 3 million Canadians over 45 provide 80% of the care to aging seniors.  Caregiving averages more than 5 years with 10% providing care for at least 13 years.
              
(2008). Eldercare: What we know today. Canadian Social Trends, Statistics Canada
Who cares for our seniors?
                                       
  •    TheyCare – Government services
  •    PayCare – Private Services
  •    YouCare – 80% is provided by family and friends
I CARE
I CARE about my future so I will make it my responsibility to be knowledgeable about the issues and decisions of aging. I will be able to make informed decisions for myself and my family as a caregiver or a care receiver.

“I never wanted to be a burden.” Richard, dementia patient, 5th floor, Grace Hospital

No comments :

Post a Comment