Mom? Dad? We Need to Talk

I'd like to introduce my readers to Wendy Johnstone of Keystone Eldercare in Comox, B.C. Last night I sat down to write about one of the most challenging time caregivers face, that moment when we know we have to tell our parents "It's time."
It's time to move, to give up the car, to accept home care. For inspiration I went to Wendy's site and found such practical compassionate articles that I feel you should read her words not mine.
Start with these 3 articles and you'll feel more confident moving forward with mom and dad.
http://www.keystoneeldercare.com/resources.html
  • How Parents Feel About Us Taking Care of Them
  • Denial is Not a Strategy - Planning for Unexpected Eldercare Challenges
  • When It's Time to Have "The Talk" With Your Parents

No comments :

Post a Comment